I suppose introductions are in order. Although, I know that the only people reading this blog are: my cousin, Magi, whose idea this whole thing was, and my mom, except I suspect my mom only plays 3D Mah Jong on-line and doesn't know how to do anything so complicated as surf the internet or read blogs. So, Magi, here are some introductions to the people in my family. You already know them all. But maybe I will have some new and interesting facts for you.
This fine specimen is my husband, hereafter referred to as GeekHusband, or GH. I was gonna call him GeekDad, but regrettably, those initials are not as kosher as GH. This Segway does not belong to us; it belongs to a weirdo who lives a few streets over. The push mower is, happily, ours. The idea for the picture was GH's. And I guess this picture sums him up perfectly: geeky, visionary, lazy. Moving on.
Here we have my oldest child and oldest daughter, hereafter referred to as Geek Girl 1, or GG1. She is seven. She is strange. Quite bright and gifted in many areas, she nonetheless rejects handwriting as a viable form of communication and would rather mold her thoughts in clay than write a complete sentence. When she was born, I truly thought that I had achieved the ultimate experience in life. Oh, wait, I think that was all the drugs I was on.
Here is my second daughter and the light of my life. She can do no wrong, so don't even try to tell me that she was the one who squirted out the entire tube of toothpaste because I know she didn't. This sweet pumpkin, hereafter Geek Girl 2, or GG2, was born after sixty unmedicated hours of labor and four medicated ones. The medicated ones superseded the unmedicated ones in multiple ways of awesomeness. She is four and a half years old and can charm her mama and daddy with a devastating smile and an iron will. She does not get as many spankings as she deserves.
Ah, Mother's Only Son, hereafter referred to as MOS. I can promise you that if something is awry in the house, he is in the center of it, creating havoc and destroying someone else's property. Two and a half years old, this boy shows great promise in either the banking industry or commercial demolition. He was born at home, after three hours of labor, much to the surprise of GH and me. We were settling in for another looooooong labor when MOS decided that he'd rather be caught by his father than some stinky ol' obstetrician. He is an exact physical replica of his father; however, he is rather charming and has a way with the ladies. I cannot say the same for GH.
Finally, here is Geek Girl 3, or GG3. She is ten months old and an absolute treasure. Except when she's screaming to get her way, dumping over the trash can for the hundredth time, or slapping me in the eye to get my attention, I adore her to pieces. She has eight teeth and crawls too fast for me to keep up. GG3 was born at home; however, I meant to do it with her. My tiniest baby at birth, GG3 has made up for her smallness by being demanding, loud, and biting when displeased. She is completely adorable and her open-mouth sloppy kisses help me to forget the raised welt on my arm from a vicious bite only a few minutes before.
Oh, and here's a picture of me when I was pregnant with GG3. This picture can serve as a warning about the content of my blog. Awkward. Fiery. Uncomfortable. I fancy myself as angst-filled and intelligent, but after thirty-three years of living with my brain, I suspect I am merely strange and oddly funny, to some people at least. Some people being my cousin Magi, my mom if she ever reads this blog, and GH, although he only laughs at me occasionally.
6 comments:
So excited to see your blog, Kat! 'Bout time.
You know Nana will read your every word.
Me me me me!! I shall read and add it to my feed and revel in the family's deeds.
I do not write poetry, so that is how I rhyme. Lurve it!
Oh Kat, you know Mike & I will be committed to your blog. Mike always hands me his phone to read your facebook posts. They're awesome!
Segue with a rotary mower...ROFL!
Hooray! And here it is. So glad you finally listened to your audience, aka, your friends, and let us in a little more on your corner of the world :).
Post a Comment