Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Friday, March 04, 2011

Geek Family At Play

 I know all of you have been wondering what the Geek Family does for fun. Well wonder no more!
Here is GG1 with GH's new toy, the Thing-o-Matic. That's really what it's called. It makes stuff out of plastic. I have no further explanation for it. It is one of those Geek Things which I do not understand. Needless to say, GG1 is a huge fan of it. It is fun for the two of them and that's very important. Plus it keeps GH from doing dangerous things with his air cannon in the back yard. The Thing-o-Matic smells funny when it heats up the plastic and it cost a ton of money. It also took GH over thirty hours to put together. To date he and GG1 have made a snake, three whistles, and a cube. And he made a tiny hat for my friend Beth. She was unusually excited by it.
GG1's idea of fun is to lounge languidly in our flowering pear tree and read a book. She also likes to blow the whistle made on the aforementioned Thing-o-Matic whenever someone walks under her tree. 
GH has fun wrasslin' with the youngins in the back yard while GG3 plays with a pair of calipers. She's measuring things in microns these days.  
GH really enjoys being walloped by his chirrens. 
A quick break to suck the ol' thumbie while Daddy assesses the damage inflicted upon his beaten body. 
I like to smooch GG3's smoochy-kissy lips. SMACK! 
More resting. Hmmmm, do I see a theme developing? 
GG1 comes down out of the tree in time for GH to do his very best Luke Skywalker/Han Solo/He-Man mash-up. Unfortunately for GH, he is unable to lift me up onto his shoulders, owing to the fact that I've had four kids and am not a waifish young thing anymore. However, he has tiny children so he can heft them up and imagine that he is mighty and strong. Which he is, of course.

2 comments:

EricaLynn said...

I cannot believe that GH and MOS had those gorgeous heads of hair cut. Nana must be heart sick. I know how much she loves their hair longer.

KJ said...

A Thing-O-Matic!!! Why couldn't we have had one growing up? All we had were Legos... :(