Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Thursday, May 19, 2011

We done had a Cook-out

So one of my dearest friends is moving away. What to do, what to do....I know! Let's have a cook out and I'll take embarrassing pics of everyone! Perfect!
My friend in the middle. We'll call her E. Her sisters flanking her. All three were uncooperative about picture time and claimed I was "taking them too fast" and "not giving us a warning" and "quit taking pictures right now!" Sisters. Sheesh.

I tried to get them to gaze longingly at each other so I could capture the romance. This is what I got. I am a failure as a photographer. 
GG2's best friend happens to be E's little girl. I don't know if it has sunk in that she is moving away. Poor GG2 when she figures that little piece of bad news out. 
I call this little artistic shot "Almost Choke." Been friends with these weirdos for a long time. 
Here are their kids. Sorry, boys, you're doomed. Adorable, but doomed.
Our host and hostess' little boy. I did love that when I asked him if I could take his picture he agreed but only if he could also hold his gun. Of course you lil' rascal....you and your precious missing teeth!  
Older sister of cute little boy in above pic. One of GG1's best friends and loyal henchman. Or GG1 is her henchman. Depends on what game they're playing. Either way, stay out of the vicinity because they are scary. 
Ah, grownups on the swing. What are you doing, grown men? I see, you are trying to push him hard enough so that he will hit the house? Delightful. 
See? I told you to cooperate or I was putting up a weird pic on my blog, Mrs. Don't Take My Picture Anymore and Mrs. I Scoff At Your Photographic Abilities 
Master P on the grill. Deer and veggie kabobs. I ate four.  
Why yes, this mask did make me look thinner. And it also aroused in me the desire to DANCE! GH is pictured in it above, in case you were wondering, and yes, we will be getting our own. Something about Jango Fett....mmmmm......

After some of the guests had left we fired up the Wii and played a game called Just Dance. I was trounced soundly but I must say, my interpretative dance to "Womanizer" won me accolades and the admiration of one gentleman. That gentleman being MOS who patted me on the arm and said, "Nice dance, Mommy." Rock out!

2 comments:

Sisterinlawgonewild said...

Lola and I have been playing that Just Dance and I love it!!!

Dee Dee said...

Girl, I just need to start reading your blog for therapy. Laughing is good medicine!