It's not just me that's the weird one in this family. This morning I told GH that I think I'm losing some hearing and he looked at me and began to mouth words. Didn't even miss a beat, just went immediately into miming speech to further make me crazy. Then later he said something else and I said huh because of course, I'm going deaf. He cuddled me and said, "Don't worry, baby, I'll get you a cochlear implant or a tin can." It's not just me.
And last month, after GG2 performed beautifully in The Snow Queen as both a troll and a child of the forest, various family members were saying that she got all her dramatic skills from me. Well, later that night I said something to GH and he mimed ripping his still-beating heart from his chest and holding it out to me as a symbol of the horrors that I had wrought upon him by asking him to put the kids to bed. It's not just me.
I noticed my computer was slow and asked GH if he was downloading something and he muttered yes and I asked what it was. He said, "Bomb Girls." I queried if that was something dirty and he said, "No, it's about women in WWII who worked in factories making bombs for the US military." Wow. Eating up my CPU for that. It's not just me.
GH has burned a hole in his own shoe with a soldering iron. While soldering in our living room. He has set off fireworks in our garage with the door closed while I was out of town. And filmed the whole thing. He has cut down a thirty foot pine tree in our front yard by himself with only a drunk friend to help him while I was out of town. Meanwhile, I have cleaned up after all these adventures. I won't even talk about the table saw plus his index finger incident.
He also holds two patents and has written a stock tracking software that would blow your mind if you understand that type of thing. I don't. I just nod and smile when he talks about it. GH's idea of fun is rendering 3D models on his rendering machine that he built himself. The smell when that machine is cranking away is fantastic. No matter how weird he is, I am never bored. And I guess that's what it all comes down to: can you find someone whose weirdness compliments your own well enough that people can't heap all the blame on only one of you when your kids act up? I have found that brand of strangeness in GH. Until you get to know GH, he seems normal. Well, normal compared to me; I do knit my own socks and had two of my babies at home. But be warned. It's not just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment