Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Big Easy

So, GH and I took GG3 and went to New Orleans for a few days last week. Instead of boring you with the same old shots of the Big Easy that everybody takes, I'll share with you some highlights of our fambly vacay.

This is what GH looked like our whole trip. Saints hat on head, smart phone in his hands, trying desperately to figure out where we were, where we were going, and how we walked sixteen blocks in the wrong direction when clearly the navigation app on his phone was working just fine last time he checked. And oh yeah, we should turn around now and walk that way. 


Not that any of you have asked or were possibly even wondering at all, but this statue here is of the literary character that I most closely identify with: Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces. Ignatius slays me and let's face it, we do favor one another.


Here's GG3, doing her best Lambie Pie face, to make up for the fact that she did not nap the entire time we were in NOLA. I'm too cute to hate, Mama!


All of her character traits clearly stem from one source: her father. They are both pretty adorable, though.


This picture is an apt description of what I did the entire time on our mini holiday. I ate. I drank. I ate some more. And for a bit of variety, I ate and drank a bit again. Note the powdered sugar on my nose. Guess where we were when this pic was taken?


Although I am not eating in this pic, I clearly was right before it was taken. Note the satisfied grin on both my face and GG3's. Court of Two Sisters, catfish roulades, a vat of bacon, coconut buttercream cake, and there you go: heaven.


Oh, yes, GG3 got a balloon while we were there...I thought this pic accurately captured a childlike nature. And a child. (ba da bum!)


This Tshirt was GH's souvenir. Just be glad he didn't get the one he wanted, which had something offensive on it. I won't repeat it here, since this is a family friendly blog. Needless to say, I was happy with this one.


Here I am, eating a croissant the size of my head whilst sitting on our balcony. We stayed a block off Bourbon in this really fantastic hotel. I have a horribly embarrassing story to share with you about the hotel, but I'll save that for another day. Yes, I ate the whole croissant. No, I don't feel guilty. Ignatius J. Reilly wouldn't feel guilty, so neither do I.

Finally, this is the view from our balcony. That cross street right up there is Bourbon. Close enough to enjoy the music and all the weird people that walk by, but protected from the music and all the weird people! We had a really good time. I'll post more pics later, maybe...I have another one of me and Ignatius that I know you're dying to see.

1 comment:

MagiMae said...

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves! While on vacation, eat, eat, eat!

BTW, Tim wants that shirt.