Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Friday, January 21, 2011

Look what I can do!

I got a new camera. A Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR with this lens: 50mm f/1.8 Oh, my friends, it is fine. Fine indeed. Prepare to be overwhelmed with all the pictures I will be posting. Of my children, of course, since I apparently can't take pictures of animals very well, as evidenced by my shoddy camera work vis a vis my cat. Which I will spare you. 

Enough with the chit chat, on to the pictures. I in no way consider myself a competent photographer. However, I do not let that stop me from taking oodles of pictures. And you, my friends, get to reap the consequences of my happy shutter finger.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

Please, sir, we are hungry. So very hungry.

I will tolerate this intrusion into my personal space no more.

Rowr! Phht! Phht!

Thanks ever so much. Because I could never have looked ridiculous all on my own.

I hope you brought pizza. 

These are not the droids you are looking for.

You will do whatever I say. You are powerless to resist me.

I control my parents with these eyes. 

The tongue acts like a rudder. Gives me good directional control.

It's good to be the baby.

Most of these shots are SOOC (straight out of camera). I do not have Photoshop, nor is it in the budget for the immediate future since I spent all the aforementioned budget on my camera. I do a bit of cropping and whatnot in the iPhoto software that came on my computer, but nothing very fancy. However, I am very pleased with these pics, especially considering that I've had the camera for 24 hours. Hopefully I'll get better, but I'm happy so far. I might have a problem, though; I've already taken 212 pictures. 

3 comments:

Lisa T said...

very fun!!! A mom photo blog you might like is momtog.com. Check it out!

Lok said...

Awesomesauce!!
A good camera is worth every penny isn't it?

Yay you!

EricaLynn said...

Your new camera takes such good pictures of your beautiful children. Look forward to more postings.