Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Friday, May 06, 2011

Mother's Day. Whoops.

Despite Hallmark's best efforts, I have somehow COMPLETELY missed that it is almost Mother's Day. With that in mind, here is a collection of pictures for the mothers in my life. Since clearly I NEGLECTED to get you anything up to and including a card. I have many mothers in my life: a mother, a stepmother, a mother-in-law, two grandmothers (who are also my children's great-grandmothers), and an aunt (who serves as my children's other grandmother).  Obviously, someone is in big TROUBLE if there is not blog fodder up immediately for these mothers. The rest of you may glance and move on...
MOS on Easter morning. Chip chip cheerie! 
Honestly, this was the best I could do. You should have seen the ones I rejected. 
GG3 managed to not sob in this picture. Success! 
GH is a handsome devil. No pictures of me on Easter morning because I had an eye infection and looked like the actual devil, red eyes and all.
Ah, the Geek Family's second American Girl doll. GG2 insisted that Kanani be in the picture. I do not have charitable feelings towards Kanani. She's creepy.
MOS with weapon. Get used to it. He usually has one in his sweaty little hands.

So after Easter service I took the kids and we went to GH's brother's house, leaving GH at home by hisownself because he had to "work." I think that the prospect of our four kids plus my niece and nephew made him a bit anxious and so he invented a big project at work that required his attention. Anyway, off we went.
Ah, boys. These two are ten months apart and eerily similar, down to the frequent tongue usage. 
These two are also similar, in both looks and ability to emit piercing screams at will. They are one year to the day apart in age. Be afraid.
Play time at a park. Best pic I could get of all six of them. Those kids are fast! 
My sister-in-law and I went wild trying to take pictures of all six of them. We had a vision of dressing them in their Easter finery. Instead, they are sweaty and sacked out in the front yard. Plus, also, GG3 seems to be having a wardrobe malfunction. 
The ages of these precious darlings are as follows: 9, 8, 5, 3, 2, and 17 months. I think we did pretty good. 
My nephew was not amused by the photo shoot. Not at all.
 
I love how babies walk, lifting their legs at the hip and swinging them forward. I thought this pic captured that movement. 
Wook at dis widdle behbeh. Even wif peanut butter in her mouf she is sooooooooo cute.
Mothers in my life, please accept my sincere apology for forgetting Mother's Day. Enjoy these pictures and I'll try to post some more this weekend. Please know that these tiny people are the reason I forgot to honor you on Mother's Day, so my neglect is actually your present. You're welcome for the glimpse into the frightening labyrinth of my brain.

2 comments:

EricaLynn said...

Kathleen, I imagine the mothers in your life are just delighted with the pictures. Of course I'm certain they would be more delighted if that got some more pictures. Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day.

Dee Dee said...

Your captions were cracking me up - especially the one about how babies walk w/their hip swinging out. Priceless.