I know, I know, it's only February, so how can I have a year in review blog post already? Well, when you've got kids with birthdays in December, January, February, and March, things move rapidly at the close of one year and the start of another. I gotta stay on top of things, people. This is a lightning blog post, with poorly-lit pictures serving as quality blog fodder. Sorry. I've got another birthday in two weeks.
Tiny's birthday. Big #3. She is only more adorable and more tyrannical.
Don't let her curls fool you. This kid rules with an iron fist.
Christmas Eve. Literally the best picture I could get. Sad.
Christmas Eve brunch with my fwends! My mom made us all put down our adult beverages for this pic. I think a cocktail at 10:30 AM is perfectly acceptable.
GG1's surprise face when she opened this wretched present. Thanks, Nana (sarcastic voice). This toy is, to put it mildly, a big fat giant mess. It involves "excavating" a clay block. Well, the week after Christmas it rained every day and so all the excavating took place in my house. Delightful.
Tiny loved her backpack and tea set.
The prized microscope, favorite Christmas present of the Geek Family. Thank you, Gam Gam. The commemorative plaque will be installed later this month, noting your generosity and overall largesse to the Geeks. And we hereby acknowledge in this public space that Nonnie had nothing whatsoever to do with the microscope, up to and including choosing it, paying for it, and shipping it to us, and we also decree that her name was not on the packing slip in the box. We do not thank you, Nonnie.
Tiny also enjoyed her art set. Muchly. Although it says on the box that those scissors will only cut paper, I have a few Barbies with different opinions.
Be vewy vewy quiet. MOS is hunting wabbits.
Done with Christmas, barreling down the birthday highway to GG2's 7th birthday. She got to choose her own clothing from a wretched store and she chose lotsa glitter and lotsa more glitter.
And some horrible person got her this toy. Which she loved. Guess what. It rained after her birthday and the gems were dug inside. My house may never be clean again.
Then it snowed. Which was great. Because it was just a bit and it was gone by noon. The kids and parents loved it; the chickens, not so much.
Darth Vader was not a fan.
These two wouldn't even come out of the coop until the snow melted. They sat just inside the door, fussing every time I walked by. BAWK!
Don't worry. I totally pounded him with a big giant snowball after he threw that puny one at me.
Our neighbors' ethnically correct snowman. He wears his Palestinian scarf proudly.
Quick! Another birthday! I made this cake myownself, bet you couldn't tell, at approximately 11 PM, accompanied by my good friend Mr. Coors Light and a wide selection of Wilton Food Dyes. Thank goodness MOS is only five so he has no taste yet. He loved his cake.
His favorite present? His #5 candle. Seriously.
The clones that live with me. I love them both.
So that's our year thus far. Don't worry, this year is far from over. But I figured if I didn't get some of this stuff documented, I would be so behind that my kids would all have another birthday before I posted any pictures. Maybe I'll even edit the pictures for the next post. Don't get your hope up though. Oh, and Tiny broke her leg, which has been an adventure. Or pure torture, at least for the parents. That's a whole blog post in itself, though.













1 comment:
I cried. Everyone is beautiful. Thanks.
Post a Comment