Tonight I was putting MOS to bed and he asked me to lie down with him. Actually, he said, "Mama, way down wif me, pwease." So I did because he's adorable. We were snuggling and I was having sweet thoughts about him when out of nowhere he sat up and said, "You fat tummy, Mama."
I looked at him, agog. Agog looks like this in keyboard speak :0 So there I am, agog, and I ask him: "What did you say, son?"
"You fat tummy, Mama." And then he pats my stomach, since I obviously didn't get what he was saying. "Wight dere, Mama. Fat tummy. You so big!"
I reached out and patted his tummy which is also fat, but a cute rotund fat, not fat I-had-four-kids fat. "Well, what about your fat tummy, boy?" He smiled and said, "Me big, too, Mama, just wike you! Me fat tummy, you fat tummy!"
Sigh. Even the three year old's a critic. I'll be back later. I've gotta go do some sit ups.
No comments:
Post a Comment