Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Who's Yer Daddeh?

In keeping with my rejection of all holidays created by the Greeting Card industry specifically to make people like me feel bad about ourselves and purchase sappy cards, I hereby forfeit Father's Day! Actually, I remembered Father's Day, but since I forgot Mother's Day I didn't want to make all those women in my life mad. So I forfeit Father's Day as well. I'm an equal-opportunity denier of holidays.

With all that said, here are some pics from our vacation to the Redneck Destination of Choice: Jellystone. I don't have any pics of our cabin because it was too small to photograph. Seriously, dinky cabin. Six people, little cabin. But the kids had fun and so we had fun. But next time we're going to the beach where we can be guaranteed of a full-sized bathroom and a couch.
The geese at this place are well-trained. Every morning at 8:30 they marched past our cabin, loudly honking to be fed, and each evening at 6:30 there was an encore performance. The children saved scraps from their meals and snacks to fling to the hissing critters.  I felt a bit dirty feeding them (the geese, not the kids) but I guess they are more pets than wildlife at this point.
There was a playground on the campground that's only drawback was no shade so it was approximately one million degrees, even at 6:00 at night. 
GG3 still had the stitch in her lip. Quite the summer accessory, I believe. 
I made MOS wear a shirt and hat the whole time. The only person who got sunburned was moi. 
We played goofy golf on their incredibly unfair mini-links course. It was mostly gravel. 
Some of us hindered the playing of mini golf. 
I wore a cowboy hat. And a mawmaw swimsuit. What a great combo! 
The Geek Family at Play 
There's also a lake with a "beach." I say beach because it's that wretched red sand that stains clothes and skin. And the pool overflows in a steady stream down over the side of the pool deck, onto the sand, and into the lake. I am assuming that any fish that reside in the lake are mutants. The kids liked the beach best of all.
Action shot of Mother's Only Son throwing sand. Because guess how long he repeated that action? That's right. Thirty five minutes solid. 
GG3 doing her ooooooooo face. Not to be confused with her No face or her Up face or her More face or her Mine face. 
She was perplexed because Daddy swam out to the middle of the lake to fetch the beach ball after it wafted out on a tide of pool water. GG3 was a bit distressed to watch Daddy paddling so far away. He made it back safely. 
More sand throwing. This time at my face. 
She was so proud to be wade out in the water and toddle back up onto the sand. Until she fell down face first in the water. Then it was not so great. 
Sisters at play. 
I thought they looked very creepy here. Sort of like Super Gator, only with blond hair.

2 comments:

EricaLynn said...

Looks like a fun place to me. I thought everyone looked especially handsome/beautiful and like they were enjoying themselves. Sorry all the accomodations weren't up to par.

KJ said...

That picture of GG1 and her daddy is classic. They both have this sort of derring-do about them in that one, as if they're thinking in tandem, "Euclidean geometry - we've heard of it, but you'll have to prove it to us."