She cleared up so many confusing things for me like: aperture, shutter speed, ISO, metering, f-stop, and some general lens questions like the difference between zoom and wide angle. I am telling you, that workshop was the most valuable class I can remember ever taking! Erin only gave a brief overview of photo editing software and for that I was grateful. I need to concentrate on taking good pictures before I get all involved in manipulating the images. We finished up the day with a mini photo session outside. Erin helped each one of us take the kind of picture we wanted of her assistant Mieke. I was quite pleased with my result!
Of course, with such a beautiful model, how could my picture not turn out well???? Mieke was very kind to all of us and sat smiling serenely for fifteen minutes as eight crazed women took her picture about twenty times each. Thanks, Mieke!
And on to the birthday pics. I feel much more confident in my picture-taking abilities, even indoors in poor lighting. I think that my pictures are a bit more consistent now that I have taken the workshop and know a little bit more about what I'm doing.
Sitting by Key and Grandpa's front door with the pretty light pouring in. Erin really emphasized the photographer's duty to find and use good light. I'm trying, Erin!
Not great lighting outside but I still thought this pic was cute. Probably could use some processing but hey, I ain't gonna go there right now!
GH and his mama. Yes, he was sitting on her lap. She's a strong woman.
Key and the Birthday Girl...again, inside in poor lighting but thanks to my new manual mode skills, I thought it turned out well.
A thoroughly unexpected gift...a Kindle from Gam Gam and Nonnie. Obviously GG1 was very pleased.
And finally, a picture of my sweet widdle baby cupping her tiny chubby hands around her tiny chubby cheeks. Not the best picture but I was pleased that I was able to get the shot, even though it was dark in the bedroom with only a dim lamp turned on.
I think Erin might be offering another photography workshop soon. Check her website for details. The cost is extremely reasonable and she has lunch catered from Newk's; it was a very fun and informative day. Erin also gave us a laminated cheat book with definitions of the terms we went over, but in a pint size perfect for slipping in a camera bag in case we need a reminder! She thought of everything. Thanks, Erin. I might take the workshop again!
No comments:
Post a Comment