GG3's personal cake, made by Nana. When you have a grandmother like Nana, one cake will simply not do. You get your own personal cake, which is every bit as superior as your real cake. Frequently, your own personal cake will have a yummy experimental icing in the center that Nana tries out on you. This one had this scrumptious vanilla butter cream deal in the layers, of which there were several. I recommend having Nana make your cakes for your next birthday.
Because in addition to your own personal cake, you get a super special deeeeluxe cake, like this precious lady bug pictured here. The deeeeeeluxe cake is always fancy, has always taken hours of time, and most importantly, is always delicious. GG3's cake is adorable, but you should have seen MOS's first birthday cake. It was an airplane, with rice krispie treat wings. I'll see if I can find a pic of it. Anyway, enough about cakes....moving on to presents.
When you're the fourth child, you don't get to open your own birthday presents until you're old enough to physically injure your older siblings if they try to unwrap them for you. Sorry, GG3, better luck next year.
When you're the fourth child, perhaps it's best to cut your losses....
And retreat to the safety of Daddy's legs.
GG3 gets her blue eyes from her Grandpa :)
Nana had to restrain GG3 from attacking her cake before we got a picture. Hold tight, Nana! We need a picture! Pops wants a piece of cake, too. Patience, Pops, patience.
Ok, no more birthday pictures for a while. Well, "a while" in this family means two weeks, because then it'll be GG2's birthday. Sorry. Oh, and Nana? I hope you're ready to make a Barbie cake again, because that's what your granddaughter wants! And only Nana's Barbie cakes will do. I tried to make one last year and both girls cried over it because it wasn't as good. Mama tried, girls, Mama tried.
1 comment:
Wow, two cakes. I think that more than made up for not getting to open her own presents.
Post a Comment