Geek Family

Geek Family
So, like, what's up?

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Happy Birfday

Today is GG3's first birthday. We went to Chick-fil-a for lunch because we have four children. Other restaurants simply don't exist for us anymore. Chick-fil-a was a nightmare. Not because of our kids but because there were three (3) school groups there at the same time. I'm talking seventh circle of hell bad. Really unpleasant. Which is why I only have a few pictures of the restaurant experience to share with you. But you're probably fine with that because who on earth wants to remember going to Chick-fil-a at the same time as three school groups? I still have a headache.

In honor of her birthday, we bought GG3 her own kid's meal. I was optimistic and figured she might eat half of it and let her brother have the rest. He's always hungry. Alas, that kid ate all four nuggets and the entire bag of fries and drank her whole Sprite. We are in so much trouble.


Then we went home. Two children and one mother took a nap. I was exhausted. After nap-time it was present time. This picture shows what birthday parties for a fourth child are like. Chaotic and confusing. And guess who opened all the presents? It wasn't the birthday girl, that's fo' sho.


A cuddly dolly from Miss Moo (formerly Mamoo, my grandmother, whom Ivy renamed Miss Moo. Charming.) GG3 really got excited about the dolly and hugged it once GG1 hacked it out of the box. Honestly, why is it so hard to open children's presents? They are stapled and wired and shellacked in those boxes in such a complicated manner that parents and children both are crying in frustration by the time the toy is freed. Anyway, sorry to digress....


Finally, it was time to get ready for ballet. I wanted to get a really charming picture of all four kids on the front porch, GG3 perched perkily in amongst them, a really pleasant memory of the day for me....but no. MOS would not cooperate at all. In fact, he fell face first onto the grass, rolling and screaming when I tried to get him to sit with his sisters. Awesome. Thanks, son. 

Happy Birthday, GG3. Here's to many more. Momma's gonna go drink a beer and relax. I need it after that whole seventh circle of hell Chick-fil-a experience this morning. Ick.

3 comments:

EricaLynn said...

Happy First Birthday Miss Fiona Hope you had a happy day and took a good nap for mommie.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday to Fiona! Kathleen- I don't know how you survived that chick-fil-a visit. Maybe I should start investigating a quiet home celebration for Hannah's 1st in February.

EricaLynn said...

The cupcake display ia amazing. Did the older precious ones help?